Relaxed

Relaxed

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Two Hikes for the Price of One

It was a nice day and Mama finished her chores early so we went for a hike. Mama decided to take me to a preserve that Merlin didn't get to go to very often because he was obsessed with the lady coyotes who lived there and would become an obnoxious piss-lickin' teeth clackin' fool. When they'd go to that preserve Mama said she could only walk six steps at a time because Merlin had to stop to sniff, lick, or pee on lady coyote markings. It usually took them about three hours to hike that preserve on a good day.

I really liked this hike because it was through woods and ravines and it did have a lot of interesting smells and I had to stop and be pet by a woman who said, "Boy that dog is really black!" and a man who thought it was funny that after Mama said, "No!" to me for trying to jump on him I jumped on her, but I didn't feel the need to stop every six steps so the hike only took us one and a half hours.

 What is this bridge for?

For when this creek at the bottom of the ravine rises

Steps up a hill

When we got back to the car I refused to get in it. After all, we take longer morning walks than that, even if they aren't through woody ravines. Mama argued with me for a bit and then she said, "How about we go to the preserve next door?" and I got in the car. We drove the three miles to the next preserve and I got to hike for another 45 minutes which made me happy.

 A boardwalk and a bridge in one

There were two of these big birds. I wanted to go see them up close but Mama said they would beat me up if I did. This one really didn't like me watching him.

And a big curvy boardwalk

Total miles hiked: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment