Relaxed

Relaxed

Monday, March 2, 2015

My Training Goals

I came to live with Mama already knowing "Sit" and "Come" and in one walk I learned loose leash walking. Now we are working on more basic obedience and Mama says that we'll throw some tricks in soon too. Mama says that someone has a lot to answer for because when we started training I became very anxious, especially when I didn't understand something. Mama had to work with me a bit to make me understand that training is never scary or painful, it is only fun even if I make a mistake. Mistakes only mean Mama says, "Awww..." or "Nope." and I don't get a cookie instead of Mama saying, "Good!" or "Yes!" or "Right!" and I do get a cookie.  

Here are some of the things Merlin knew how to do. Mama is hoping I'll learn them too.

  • Sit -- I knew this already
  • Lie Down -- I learned this on Sunday
  • Wait -- I'm working on this
  • Come -- I knew this already
  • Stay
  • Heel
  • Stop -- I'm working on this
  • Whoa -- I'm working on this
  • Come About
  • Turn Right
  • Turn Left
  • Back Up
  • In To Me -- I'm working on this
  • Freeze
  • Get Out 
  • Spit -- I'm working on this
  • Give It Me -- I'm working on this
  • Paws Up
  • Table Up
  • Touch
  • Bump
  • Right Foot
  • Left Foot
  • Back Foot
  • Where's Your Tail?
  • Wag Your Tail
  • Where's Your Nose? 
  • Shake Hands
  • Turn Around
  • Turn the Other Way
  • Hit Your Mark
  • Dead Dog
  • Roll Over 
  • Sit Up
  • Dance

3 comments:

  1. Zorro... you are the luckiest dog in the World right now. Good luck with all of your training. You are going to do great because you are so smart. We love you, Zorro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that your mom made that list. I've never done that for my dogs but I should! You are a very lucky dog, Zorro. Your mom uses the most fun way in the world to train you!

    ReplyDelete