Relaxed

Relaxed

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Daylight Savings Day Walk

Today is something called Daylight Savings Day. I'm not sure what that means, but I LIKE IT!! Mama got up an hour early and gave me breakfast and then we went for a short walk and she did some chores and then she got our hiking stuff together. I thought we were going to get in the car and headed straight for the garage, but she said, no we were going to take a hike starting from the house. I didn't know it but we can get to a trailhead for the forest preserve by our house just by walking 2.5 miles! We walked to the trailhead and then on the trail and then we took a side trail we hadn't taken before and walked that to a big tunnel under a road and out to another trail which had a big boardwalk on it. We walked after the boardwalk for awhile and then Mama said it was time to turn around and head home. So we turned around. I got to see some dogs, but not talk to them because none of them liked other dogs. I also got to meet some people who did like dogs. Our hike from home took 4.5 hours and was amazingly fun. When we got home I ran in circles in the backyard for a bit and then went to sleep on the couch.

 Boardwalk

What happened here and how do I fix it?

Can we do this again tomorrow?

Total miles hiked 11.5

No comments:

Post a Comment