Relaxed

Relaxed

Saturday, March 14, 2015

I Saw Horses!

Mama and I went for a hike this afternoon at ANOTHER new trail for me. There was a lake and I waded into it for a drink and there was a smell I didn't know and I got nervous and spent a lot of time whining and coming back to Mama for reassurance. Then when we got to the end of the trail I saw this:

 As you can see I was maybe just a bit freaked out by it. 

I'll biggify it so you can see better.


Mama said it was called a horse. I didn't want to go see it any closer. Instead I asked Mama if we could sit on a bench and snuggle a bit, so we did. Then, while we were sitting on the bench that horse thing started to come closer to us, but it had TWO HEADS!! It was almost as bad as a bicycle. I started to growl and Mama hushed me and said, "That is a horse and you don't growl at horses, or bark at horses or lunge at horses. If you do you can't go hiking anymore." Then she had me get up off the bench and stand behind it and be petted while the horse passed. Mama said to the horse, "Sorry, this is the first horse he's ever seen." and one of the heads said, "Well you have to have a first at some time." and I realized the second head was really a person on top of the horse and the horse became more interesting and less scary. When the horse got a good bit ahead of us Mama let me follow it and then all the weird smells I didn't understand at the beginning of the hike made sense and I was much more relaxed.

Horses smell funny but their poop can be yummy

I met three other horses and then that same white horse again as our hike went along and I stood quietly by Mama as she pet me and didn't growl or bark or lunge at the horses.

Total miles hiked: 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment